Purchase season tickets for our 2017–18 subscription series for only $90 each – a savings of $25.
St. Andrew’s Presbyterian Church
7575 N. Paseo Del Norte
Tucson, AZ 85704
Diego Sánchez Haase, guest conductor
- Rossini: Overture to William Tell
- Rachmaninov: Piano Concerto No. 3 (Yelena Beriyeva, piano)
- Beethoven: Symphony No. 6, “Pastoral”
Chinese New Year Celebration with the Tucson Sino Choir
- Lu: Ode to the Red Flag
- Zhou: Robe of the Clouds (Jing Xia, guzheng)
- Liu: Great Wall Fantasy (Xiaoyin Zheng, erhu)
- Wang-Lang: Dream of the Red Chamber
- Barber: Knoxville: Summer of 1915 (Christi Amonson, soprano)
- Fine: Electric Guitar Concerto No. 2 (Pete Fine, guitar)
- Poulenc: Gloria (SASO chorus; Christi Amonson, soprano)
- … and the winner of SASO’s Dorothy Vanek Youth Concerto Competition
- Theofanidis: Rainbow Body
- Wieniawski: Violin Concerto No. 2 (Lauren Roth, violin)
- Rachmaninov: Symphonic Dances
All proceeds to to SASO when you purchase a raffle ticket through this link! First prize is a 2017 Ford Explorer Platinum. Second prize is two round-trip, first-class airline tickets to anywhere in the world. Third prize is $5000 cash. Raffle tickets cost $25 each, or five for $100.
Order Our “New” CD!
Listen up. SASO’s new CD features the premiere of two viola concertos written for and performed by the acclaimed Brett Deubner. Composers Amanda Harberg and Max Wolpert are known for their appealing styles full of engaging melodies and vital rhythms. Linus Lerner, SASO’s artistic director, prepared the orchestra and conducted the recording sessions. This groundbreaking CD was just released by Naxos, the world’s leading classical music label based on the number of new releases and the extent of its catalog. Order online now. The price is $10.00 plus $3.50 for shipping and handling.
SASO CD “Celebration”
Celebration! is SASO’s first CD, presenting attractive music by Tucson composers Pete Fine, Bruce Stoller, Jay Vosk, Richard White, Brian Goodall and A. F. Schultz. Linus Lerner conducts the Southern Arizona Symphony Orchestra in pieces that are alternately exciting, soothing, engaging and moving. This is the only disc where you’ll find such intriguing music as Bruce Stoller’ s Open Spaces for yucca shakuhachi flute (played by the composer) and Richard White’s tenderFor Patte– A Simple Song, written in memory of a beloved longtime SASO musician. The price is $10.00 plus $3.50 for shipping and handling.